Saturday 29 November 2014

(yet another) haul



You know me, I get lost in drugstore allies and come out with hands full of new stuff, this was no exception...
The first thing I picked up was the Miss Manga mascara, by L'oreal. Now that my favourite mascara (Rimmel's lash accelerator) as been discontinued, I needed to try a new one, and this one being one I hadn't seen a lot, I decided to try it. I can't say I love it, the brush is kinda twisty and it doesn't grab the lashes properly. The second thing was this Maybelline Pure Pigment in Barely Brazen. I was looking for a nice vanilla kinda eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone and inner corner, and this has done it. It's a bit tricky because it's loose, and un like the L'oreal loose eyeshadows, this one isn't press, so be extra careful when you open it. 
Lastly is this gorgeous palette by L'oreal, and it's their Color Riche in Smoky beige trench . Now let me first take my hat off to L'oreal eyeshadow, in my book they are the best in the drugstore and no other brand comes even remotely close. They are buttery and super pigmented, but that I will talk about in a whole other post (because this beauty deserves it). 


In the lip department I picked up three. Firstly I was super exited to see that the Maybelline's Color Whispereres were finally available in Argentina! They had lunch only some of their new summer shades (four to be exact) and I picked up two, Who wore it reder and Pink possibilities. I really like how moisturising and easy to use they are, however, I picked up the red shade thinking that, if it had "red" in the name it should be red. But it is not. Is more of a fuscia pink in the lips, so not to true to shade.
Also picked up the Rimmel Moisture Renew in As you want Victoria. Again, just like with the previous lipsticks, this is not too true to shade. While on the tube it looks like a dark pink with a hint of plum, it comes out like a true dark fuscia. That being said, this is probably one of the most pigmented and long lasting lipsticks I've tried (that weren't a matte formula). 


Also, into the whole "pastel nail" trend, I've been shopping for some nice pastel shades, this one in particular, by Revlon, is Charming, a lovely creamy lilac which I love (and have been wearing lots). If you want to see how it looks on my nails, I've uploaded a picture to instagram here.

With new Christmas products dropping like crazy, I know this coming month I will be shopping a lot, so get ready for -even more- hauls. 

Have a lovely weekend!
Xo.
L.

14 comments:

  1. Great haul. I'm always looking for new lipsticks so I love the lippies you got! I also love the L'Oreal palette! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good haul :) http://kasjaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab haul, the lipsticks look great! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I'd love to try the Maybelline Pigments xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the Maybelline's Color Whisperers have yet to arrive to Portugal but this post made me wish they were here already! Followed you on bloglovin x
    The Caramel Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so behind, I still haven't tried any of the colour tattoos! They look so good so will definitely have to pick one up asap x

    blushhx.blosgpot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab haul! The eyeshadow palette is beautiful

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually quite like the Miss Manga mascara - shame it didn't work out as well for you. I will say that as the formula dries a bit, it gets better.
    And I LOVE the Maybelline color whispers! I have the pink possibilities shade as well and it's so pretty!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we had those maybelline pure pigments here in the UK but I don't think I've seen them yet. Love the shades in the eyeshadow palette x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Rimmel lipstick in Vintage Pink I think, and I love the colour, but the flavour is a bit strange and floral. Meanwhile, my friend bought one in North America and it wasn't flavoured. Is yours? It's weird, hahaha.

    Aisling | aisybee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found most rimmel lipsticks have a weird smell (Even the kate moss ones) but I don't think this one is flavoured.
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  11. Nice things :)
    Kiss*
    www.flordemaracuja.pt

    ReplyDelete